Looking for some healthy, quick and easy snack option for kids? I make these flaxseed and oats laddoos that are perfect for a healthy snack or to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings!! These energy balls are packed with proteins, omega 3 and fiber.
Flaxseed and Oats are very popular these days and are consumed in a variety of ways. Flaxseed is a source of healthy fat, antioxidants, and fiber. Research has found evidence to suggest that flaxseed can also help lower the risk of diabetes, cancer, and heart disease. Oats are loaded in dietary fiber and have a range of healthy cholesterol-lowering properties.
These laddoos are more beneficial in winter months but can be consumed during summer in moderation.
I can assure you will be hooked onto these power balls and make them as a part of your everyday snack!!
Warning: Double the recipe and make a big batch, as they will be gone very quickly:)
Recipe Yields: 15 laddoos Time: 30 minutes
- 1-cup quick rolled oats
- 3/4-cup flaxseed meal
- 1/3-cup honey
- ½ cup chunky peanut butter, you can substitute with almond butter
- 10-12 almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Roast the oats in an oven at 250 F (120C) for 15 minutes.
- Cool and mix all of the above-mentioned ingredients.
- Form into balls and store them in airtight container.
- You can use smooth peanut butter or substitute it with almond butter.
- You can grind oats if you don’t like the crunchy texture of rolled oats.