Mango Lassi anyone!! I am sure you have heard about this very popular, sweet, creamy, chilled mango drink. This is a perfect summer drink to beat the scorching heat and is readily available in all Indian restaurants. Today I am going to tell you how you can make this yummy drink in a jiffy!
Lassi is a traditional yogurt based summer drink from North India and there are several variations to the recipe. My family loves the mango lassi and I make it very simple with minimal ingredients. It is very similar to a mango smoothie!
Recipe Servings: 4-6 Time: 15 minutes
- 1.5 cups mango pulp (I used alphonso) or three fresh mangoes
- 5 cups thick yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp. cane sugar
- Ice cubes
- Blend all of the ingredients together until ice is crushed properly and mixes well.
- Give it a taste for desired sweetness
- Serve chilled!
- If you want a slightly thick consistency, add less milk while blending.
- You can use honey instead of sugar.
- Try it with a pinch of cardamom powder for an extra punch of flavors!