It is so easy to please dads! No need of flowers or jewels! All they want is a day at the golf course and perfectly grilled burgers! Am I right?
This Father’s Day, treat your dad or husband with this lip-smacking tandoori chicken sliders topped with spicy cilantro-mint chimichurri sauce and served with a side of Asian coleslaw.
These adorable mini burgers are a burst of flavors as they are seasoned with sautéed veggies and tandoori spices!!
I prefer making sliders as they are fast to cook and you can make an assortment of these with different toppings as fancy appetizers.
Best of all, these are a big time favorite among the guys in my family! Today, I have made these sliders with kale, mushrooms and bell peppers….sounds yum?
Recipe Servings: 12 Time: 45 – 60 minutes
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 4-5 mushrooms, chopped
- ½ cup kale, chopped (I used frozen)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. ginger garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. tandoori masala(you can use any seasoning of your choice or leave it out)
- ½ jalapeno, minced
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. dill, chopped
- 1 egg, whisked
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 1tsp ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add chopped mushrooms, peppers, jalapeno, kale and fry for about 4-5 minutes until the moisture from the vegetables evaporates.
- Let it cool.
- Mix ground chicken, veggie mixture, ginger garlic, egg, salt, spices and herbs mentioned above and make 12 small burgers.
- Brush a pan or griddle with some oil and cook the burgers 3-4 minutes on each side until done.
- 1 (16-ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ green apple, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Toss all the ingredients together.
Cilantro Mint chimichurri sauce
- 2 cups cilantro, chopped
- 1cup mint, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- ½ tsp. crushed black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- salt to taste
Grind coarsely in a food processor to make the sauce.