Time definitely flies! It has already been a year since I started on this exciting journey of blogging and took my passion for cooking to the next level. I have thoroughly enjoyed doing this and have made some beautiful memories and amazing friends along the way. Your encouraging feedback and love has kept me going and helped me get better. I thank you from all my heart for reading my posts and trying out the recipes.
I have tried to replicate my first post (Flaxseed Banana Bread) but with an interesting twist. It was definitely worth the try as the end product was very special and yummilicious!
To celebrate this special occasion, I have made Apple Spice Walnut Bread with Maple Glaze! Sounds yum? Wait until you try it! The first try was so good that I am sticking to this recipe to the core. This has become the favorite breakfast bread in my house now. The texture is nutty yet moist, spices elevate the flavor profile, brown sugar gives it the rich color and maple glaze makes this cake complete by making you crave for more and more!!
Try it today to believe it!!
Recipe Servings: 16 Time: 1 hour
Ingredients for the cake:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp. nutmeg powder
½ tsp. ginger powder
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
½ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
I stick (8 Tbsp.) unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
3 medium gala apples, peeled and grated (about 1.5 cups)
Ingredients for the glaze:
1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
2 Tbsp. Maple syrup
- Preheat oven at 350 F.
- Combine the dry ingredients: flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and spices in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix softened butter and brown sugar with a hand mixer.
- Peel and grate apples.
- Add eggs, grated apples, sour cream and vanilla extract to it. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to it and mix till the batter comes together.
- Add chopped walnuts and fold gently.
- Pour the batter in greased Bundt pan and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Mix the powdered sugar and maple syrup to make glaze.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack.
- Pour glaze over the cake and enjoy a slice with drizzle of maple syrup!
- Make sure to add some lemon juice to the apples if you grate them in advance to prevent them from turning brown.
- You can use a bread loaf pan as well. I prefer Bundt pan as it cooks evenly from all sides and looks pretty:) Adjust the time to about 1 hour and keep checking if you are using a loaf pan.